Helping Hands Veterinary Clinic
We treat your pets as if they were our own!
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
FLEA & TICK PREVENTIONWe have good news we want to share with you. Our clinic is now prescribing BRAVECTO® (fluralaner), the longest-lasting oral treatment against fleas and ticks. This remarkable product is a breakthrough in protecting your dog against parasites. These small insects that can cause real harm. With just 1 chew that most dogs enjoy, your dog will be protected against fleas and ticks for up to 12 full weeks.* No other oral product can do that! BRAVECTO is a convenient, easy-to-use, safe and effective treatment, and it can be used on dogs that are at least 6 months of age and weigh 4.4 pounds or more.
Happy with your service?
1) Refer a friend
Take advantage of our referral program! It's super easy:
2) You get $5 off your next service
*May not be used with other offers. Restrictions may apply
Dental CareDespite what many pet owners may believe, “dog breath” is not just a nuisance – it’s a sign of an unhealthy mouth. Bad breath is caused by bacteria. Over time, bacteria leads to plaque and tartar buildup on your pet’s teeth. The result is bad breath, reddened gums, and other common signs of dental disease....
Senior CareDid you know that pets age faster than people and can be considered “seniors” at around 7 years of age? Just as our health care needs change as we age, your pet’s health care needs also change. Nutritional needs, exercise habits, and many aspects of your pet’s daily routine can change as your pet ages....
Integrated MedicineAcupuncture, animal chiropractic and herbal remedies are considered “alternative therapies”. When used with “regular” or “western” medicine they are called complementary. We use these modalities on a case by case basis and per owner request. Holistic thinking is centered on love, empathy and respect. Acupuncture, chiropractic and herbs have been shown to help significantly with...
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
Really appreciate the Sat walk in setting. However they were a little under staffed and we had to come back again on Monday (no extra charge). The staffs were all really patient and nice. The doctor explains everything and more if you had more questions. They have ultra sound capabilities which was nice a rare.
Rose Fei Guo
I was very inpressed with the service I received from Dr. Cherie Guidry. She explained all of the lab results and the health of my senior dog. Very kind and professional. They take care of your pet as if it were their family.